Menu
gdh1
Joining in
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Distorted Picture on several channels

Hi, I've just accidentally posted the below query on the networking and WiFi page so thought I'd re-post here.

Hi, several channels on our T.V service are severely distorted and pixilated while others are working perfectly. I've tried restarting the box several times which hasn't resolved the problem. We have two boxes and both seem to be affected so I'm not sure it's a problem with the boxes. I've tried to get through to customer support on a few occasions but this appears impossible at the moment. Can anybody help?

0 Kudos
gdh1
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Distorted picture on several channels

Hi, several channels on our T.V service are severely distorted and pixilated while others are working perfectly. I've tried restarting the box several times which hasn't resolved the problem. We have two boxes and both seem to be affected so I'm not sure it's a problem with the boxes. I've tried to get through to customer support on a few occasions but this appears impossible at the moment. Can anybody help?

0 Kudos
newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Distorted Picture on several channels

Hi gdh1,

If the pixilation is on both boxes then that would seem to be a signal issue. Check the coaxial cables are all snug and tight, internal and external.

Have you tried signing into Service status at the top of this page? It shows any local faults and you can also run a test against the boxes. By doing this VM should be able to try and connect to your boxes and determine what  the problem is. Sometimes this results in them sending out a replacement and/or engineer.

If that doesn't work then you need to contact the Faults team on 150 from a Virgin landline, or 0345 454 1111, options 1,1 and 2 (Faultsbut best to call at 8am to avoid call queues 

When calling Faults hopefully the system will recognise that you've used the online faults checker and place you into a queue for an agent to pick up.

If not and you get the automated response asking you to press 1 for the link to online support, ignore the options and don't press any buttons then you should be placed into a queue and an agent should pick up the phone and resolve the problem.

You could also try the text messaging service. Just send  a text with a description of TV Faults to 07533 051809. Your message will go into a queue and a representative will respond to you as soon as possible. It may take a few days. 

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Distorted picture on several channels

Hi gdh1,

I answered in your  other thread 

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Distorted picture on several channels

@gdh1 

I've merged your 2 posts no problem 😀

The only thing I'd add to newapollo's advice is that the online status page is good for large faults that affect thousands of customers.

Signal faults, by nature, tend to be more localised- calling 0800 5610061 lists local issues, often down to street level, and is much better for some TV issues.

Otherwise.. yes, call it in, you'll probably need an an engineer visit.

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos