Menu
Paul33
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Distorted Audio From V6 Box

My elderly parents are still watching Freeview because they say the Virgin V6 box "doesn't work". I checked it out today and assumed they had probably done something wrong but alas they are right !

If the volume on their Panasonic Smart TV goes above 25, the sound on all Virgin channels distorts horribly as though the speakers can't cope. Thinking it was the TV at fault, I switched to terrestrial Freeview (via aerial) and cranked it up real loud to 75+ and absolutely no distortion !

Tried a few different things on the V6 Audio settings but nothing improved the sound so ..... any ideas or, if not, what do I or they do now ?

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
newapollo
Hero
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Distorted Audio From V6 Box

Hi Paul33,

Sorry to see your parents are having problems with the sound.

Please can you try and change the V6 settings by pressing HOME on the rermote, then the following 

Help & Settings > Settings> Audio> Dolby Digital> Dolby Digital to PCM

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
0 Kudos
Paul33
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Dave ..... that was the first thing I did and the problem didn't go away ...... still horrible distortion as soon as you increased volume.

0 Kudos
Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi Paul33,

Thanks for your post and sorry to hear about the sound issue with your parent's V6.

So from what you said it does seem like there is only an issue with the sound with the V6 rather than the TV itself, but did you notice whether every channel had distorted sound or just some of them? Did you also check all the cabling and made sure nothing was loose?

Thanks,

Beth

0 Kudos
Paul33
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Was the same across a number of channels checked but I can't say I checked all cables but my father states he has "several times".

0 Kudos
Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for confirming for me.

I'm going to send you over a private message so I can take some account details and look into the back end of their services to see if there's anything that could be causing this.

Please find my message over at the purple envelope.

Many thanks,

Beth

0 Kudos
Paul33
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Apologies for the delay in coming back but the problem was caused by a faulty HDMI cable from box to TV. Replaced it and all was good !

Martin_N
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Paul33,

I'm glad to hear that has all be sorted for you.

^Martin

0 Kudos