cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disney plus

Copsonc
Tuning in

My son has just bought Disney plus . I want to access on my tv which has the latest ( I think ) TiVo box . Is this possible in any way ? 

6 REPLIES 6

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

You can view all of VM's current set-top-boxes on this page - regardless, D+ is not currently available on any of them.

VM have a non-recording internet-based streaming box which offers Disney+, and it's entirely possible that the V360 and/or V6 will have the app added at some point.

But as for timescales of that - answers on a postcard please.. VM have a strong track record in not announcing such things until they're live & launched.

You're best off getting a streaming stick in the meantime. Others know more about those.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thanks for info - as usual VM way behind other providers - I’ll have to watch in my sons Xbox ! … that is until VM get into 21st century !

The 360 will get Disney+ when Disney allow them to carry it. It takes a while to get apps working on all popular devices. An app on one box is very unlikely to work on another.

Apps are provided by the app service company and not VirginMedia.

==================================
1.2Gb/100Mb in Oxford (area 31) using SH5

Hi @Copsonc thanks for your post here in the community.

Unfortunately as mentioned by @japitts, Disney+ is not yet an available app on our TV service so I can appreciate your frustrations.

Please be assured however, we'll pass on your feedback internally and as soon as there's any further news on this matter we'll communicate this to all customers.

Many thanks

Tom_W

I can get Disney+ on my Fire TV Stick 4K.

--
Hub 5, TP-Link TL-SG108S 8-port gigabit switch, 360
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM hub 5 broadband connection

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @Copsonc 

Good news. Disney+ has now been added to the 360 box.

It's an ideal time for you to possibly negotiate a new contract and a swap to the 360, but make sure you read up on the differences between the V6 and 360 first. 

This page explains more about the 360 

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/tv/virgin-tv-360 

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali