Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Deleting blocks of recordings

I've just set up a new V6 box. When I recorded a show it recorded about 10 others. Is there a way to delete them all out do I have to delete them individually?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Deleting blocks of recordings

Hi
I suggest that you delete them individually as if you have a lot of recordings it can freeze up the box and could need a full factory reset or replacing.

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi,

You can delete multiple shows in one folder at once when in the main My Shows screen by selecting a folder (but not hitting ok to go into it) then pressing clear on your remote. It would also be worth checking to see if suggested recordings is turned off or not go to "Help&Settings>Settings>Recordings>Suggestions" and the select turn off otherwise the box will continue to record suggestions based loosely on your watching habits

Hope this helps

Jake
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I am a Virgin Media Field Technician. All and any advice given is based on my experience in the field or my personal experiences with my own set up at home. If my answer was helpful to you please Mark as helpful or consider leaving the post some Kudos.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

Highlighted
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Go into settings, recordings and make sure suggestions is turned off 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Glen2

You may have only recorded the one show as the v6 does show things that are available on demand. In the folder check for the record Icon on the left, if this Icon is not next to a show that is displayed then it hasn't been recorded and is available through on demand. 

Also, the quickest way to delete a folder or show is pressing the clear button, bottom left of the remote

Hope this helps

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi there

Yes you can delete all of your recordings by high lighting the record folder then press the clear button on your remote.

This will delete everything in the folder.

0 Kudos