Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

'Delete now' removing extra episodes it shouldn't

I've found a few times recently that when I reach the end of an episode and select 'delete now' that it's removing the entire folder for the TV show (multiple episodes) and not just the single episode I've finished watching.
Normal behaviour would be that it deletes the episode and returns to the main menu or folder view so I can watch the next recorded episode. Before I start watching there are definitely multiple episodes available.
This seems to be some kind of bug but is quite an issue if it's deleting things it shouldn't be.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Knows their stuff
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: 'Delete now' removing extra episodes it shouldn't

I've never seen that happen.

Is it possible that the other episodes are Wishlist or Suggestions recordings, whereas the one you've watched is a series link recording? So after you delete the series link episode the folder disappears but the other recordings remain in the Suggestions folder (or the folder for the wishlist)? 

Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

@Tavis75 wrote:

I've never seen that happen.

Is it possible that the other episodes are Wishlist or Suggestions recordings, whereas the one you've watched is a series link recording? So after you delete the series link episode the folder disappears but the other recordings remain in the Suggestions folder (or the folder for the wishlist)? 

This ↑ is the only time I've seen that happen, I'd suggest Tavis75 is correct.

Keith

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Aren't suggestions on a separate tab? These recordings are actually not on series link I just record a few episodes in a row sometimes when I'm going to be out.

It could be suggestions, but I haven't seen them added into my recordings before, either for series link or non series link shows. It does record older episodes now and again on series link so I just clear them.
Given that these were daily shows of a long running series I'd expect a lot of suggestions to show up when I haven't set recordings?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Suggestions will appear in both the Suggestions folder and any folder that exists for the same programme - but when all "actual" recordings (as opposed to suggestions) are deleted, and so only the suggestions remain, then the folder will be removed and the remaining suggestions will only appear in the Suggestions folder.

And the Suggestions function won't record every episode of a programme, even if it's long running, but you may find a number of episodes of the same programme in the Suggestions folder.

Keith

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks, I'll have to assume that's it. I've just never seen it before. Is there an easy way to tell they are suggestions and not recordings?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I turned off Suggestions ages ago . . . but if I remember correctly they are indicated by a "thumbs up" to the bottom right of the round "R" symbol next to the recording.

Keith

Use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos