Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Delay from standby and other V6 problems

Is my V6 box on its way out? as I'm facing a raft of problems with it at the moment, as follows:

1)When I power up the V6 box with the remote from standby, it seems non-responsive I.e. the light stays red for a good 10-20s than all of a sudden it will turn itself on and boot us as normal. Its been like this a while but I'm sure it used to be almost instant response. I have check a friends box and it is almost instant! This is annoying as its incredibly tempting to press the power button again, and before you know it you've no idea whether the box is on or off.

2)Changing video resolution is not retained! First I had a Panasonic FHD Plasma TV plugged into the V6 box but also has a HDMI switch box as it only had 2 HDMI inputs, the resolution would switch itself back to to standard SD every power up. Which was highly annoying. (This was probably down to the HDMI switch box) but would be nice if once I tell it to output a certain resolution it did as told!

3)Still on the FHD Plasma without the switch box I kept loosing sound when changing channels, a quick up/down usually resolved this problem but annoying.

4)Changed TV to a Sony 4K LCD Panel in the hope all would be resolved, now have sound and picture problems. Sound is dropping out at an alarming rate, especially when changing channels and very noticeable when watching HD channels. Sometimes when changing channels I now see and hear white noise (snow) which I never thought possible with all digital signals!

Notes:

Audio format on my TV keeps flashing up when the glitch occurs.

I tried setting audio to Dolby PCM but made no difference.

I have tried a different HDMI cable, no difference!

I have done the obligatory power cycle from mains!

If anyone has any known fixes for the it would be much appreciated.

Or is this thing on a 1 way street to electronics hell, as its done nothing but misbehave! Probably through my window at this rate.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Delay from standby and other V6 problems

hi there my name is Akizi a field technician for virgin it the Sony tv a 4k tv 

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi, Marco here Field technician for virgin media, try this on your 4k tv. Setting, video output and then select also the other resolution available. 1080p 1080i and 720p then thumbs up to confirm. Also check if your hdmi cable is capable of 4k and it has to connect at the back of you tv hdmi 2.0 to get the best picture on your 4ktv

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Guys

It is a Sony Bravia 4K TV.

I will check which connection the V6 Box is connected to and report. And If required change to rear connection as there are 2 side connections too.

I will also try the different resolution to see if that improves things.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Marco

I had the HDMI connection plugged into HDMI 3 which is definitely a 4K connection as I tested with my PC, and what I though is the best connection as its the only one that supports Chroma 4:4:4, which I believe is better for colour rendering as there is no compression.

I have moved it to HDMI 1, the only rear facing port and my sound and picture issues seem to be resolved, I've not had one problem since Friday (4 days ago).

So Kudos Marco, I can't believe that fixed it, but it all looks good now. 🙂

Hope this helps someone else!

My V6 box still takes an age to boot up though. 😞

Highlighted
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Great, really happy thats solved now. 

Keep safe 

Best regards

Marco

Thumbs up to me

0 Kudos