This morning my wife and son noticed a burning smell in the living room and later in the day I noticed that our V6 box had lost power and had a strong smell of burnt insulation. It will not now power on.
After spending almost an hour going round in circles with 150's automated system trying to perform tests on an obviously dead box I cannot find a way to book an engineer or arrange a replacement .
Could someone please advise how this can be resolved?
You've done the right thing in calling faults, but it sounds like you've experienced the joys of VM's IVR.
This is easily solved - once you've chosen the options for "I have a fault with my TV service", you'll be offered numerous other "inducements" to go online, get a link etc - just ignore them and don't press any further options. The machine should put you into the faults queue after it gets bored.
If you still have problems, the staff team on here tend to respond to posts after 24-48 hours - possiblty slightly longer at weekends.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks
Welcome to our community forums and thank you for your first posts.
Sorry to hear you experienced this with your V6 box and for our delay in response. We can understand your concern. We are however glad to hear you have been able to reach our team and had an appointment booked.
How did the appointment go? Do you need any further help?