Menu
Highlighted
Just joined
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

DVR has detected serious problems

Our V6 Box appears to be at fault and is not switching on. It displays the message on a green screen that states 'The DVR has detected a serious problem and is attempting to fix. This could take up to three hours. If after three hours the DVR does not restart. please call customer support.'

We left the for three hours and now into the second day of the problem. We have followed the online guide to try and fix the issue, however this has not resolved the problem. When I called customer service it firstly stated that no call centres where open and on the second attempt it told me to refer to the online guide.

I am going around in circles. Can someone please advise on how Virgin can support to fix the problem.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community elder
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: DVR has detected serious problems

Hi jdevyott1,

Sorry to see you are having major problems with your V6 box. It does mean the hard drive has failed and needs replacing.

Have you tried signing into Service status at the top of this page and run a test against the V6 box? By doing this VM should be able to send a signal to your box and try to repair it, and hopefully send out a replacement.

If that doesn't work then you need to contact the Faults team.  

You could try the text messaging service. Just send  a text with a description of TV Faults to 07533 051809. Your message will go into a queue and a representative will respond to you as soon as possible. It may take a few days. 

You can also call  150 from a Virgin landline, or 0345 454 1111, options 1,1 and 2 (Faultsbut best to call at 8am to avoid call queues

When calling Faults you will go through a series of questions/tests, if that doesn't resolve the problem then call back around 10 minutes later and an agent should pick the phone up.

A member fo the Forum Staff may pick this up for you, but realistically this could be from a few days to a week.

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: DVR has detected serious problems

Hi jdevyott1, 

Welcome to the Community and thanks for posting. 

I am really sorry to hear about the issue with the V6 box and the problems you have had trying to report this.

We can definitely look in to getting this matter resolved for you.

Can you please confirm if the issue is still occurring and if you have followed any further steps suggested by newapollo?

Let us know and we will be happy to assist further. 

Nat
0 Kudos