Menu
Matilda001
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

DVR has detected a serious problem

My TV screen turned to a green page an hour ago with the a message saying 'DVR has detected a serious problem'.  I have done a service status scan which shows no problems, and also no similar problems being reported through other social media channels.  Is this matter likely to rectify itself, or has the box died?  

0 Kudos
nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: DVR has detected a serious problem

You are experiencing the dreaded "Green screen of death" I'm afraid.

Usually this is the result of a failed box hard drive which means the box will have to be replaced.

Give faults a call on 150 from your VM phone, or wait a day or so here for the Forum Team to respond.

VM BB TV Landline PAYG mobile. Freeview/Freesat HD, Tesco Mobile. Customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Matilda001
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the reply.  I had looked up online about the error message and had seen the 'green screen of death' comments.  I called Customer Service and an engineer is coming out on Saturday afternoon.  So, no TV till Saturday at the earliest.

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

You might find your TV has an in-built Freeview tuner to cover the basic channels, and you can try using VM's TV Go app if you have a compatible device...

https://www.virginmedia.com/virgin-tv-edit/tips-and-tricks/download-the-virgin-tv-go-app 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Matilda001
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for the helpful advice, I will try the link via my laptop and see if that works.

0 Kudos
Zak_M
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Good morning @Matilda001 

Did the engineer manage to resolve the problem? 

Kind regards,

Zak_M

0 Kudos