Menu
Chrisjc23
Tuning in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

DVR has detected a serious problem

Hello, I am receiving the error message "The DVR has detected a serious problem...". This is the 2nd occurrence.

The first time I left the box turned on for about 3 hours now and the error message disappeared.

This time I have left the box turned on overnight and it is still going through the same routine of going blank, to 'Starting up' and then automatically to this message, and then repeat...repeat...repeat.

I tried phoning Customer Service but the waiting time is over an hour and I cannot see a link to the Live Chat service.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Chrisjc23
Tuning in
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: DVR has detected a serious problem

Finally managed to get through to Customer Support. Engineer booked for Wednesday 17th.

Contract due for renewal, with price increase / loss of discount.

Seriously considering whether I should renew or transfer to Sky or TalkTalk.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: DVR has detected a serious problem

For reference, the green "DVR has detected an error" screen means your hard drive has failed and your box needs replacing. Good news you've got through to have it arranged.

@Chrisjc23 wrote:

Seriously considering whether I should renew or transfer to Sky or TalkTalk.

Weigh up what you want from your pay-TV, broadband and phone supplier - get prices from all 3 potential providers and decide which one best suits your needs.

TalkTalk aren't big players in pay-TV.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos