Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

DVR has detected a serious problem

Hi, I'm getting the message 'The DVR has detected a serious problem and is now attempting to fix it'

Having read other posts on here i think i need a new box as this message has been appearing for the last 6 hours. I can't get through to anybody at the moment. Can anybody on here help please.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Trouble shooter
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: DVR has detected a serious problem

Hi Smudger43,

You could try the text messaging service.

Just send  a text with a description of TV Faults  to 07533 051809. Your message will go into a queue and a representative will respond to you as soon as possible. It may take a few days. 

You can also call  150 from your Virgin landline, or 0345 454 1111, options 1,1 and 2, but best to call at 8am to avoid call queues.

A member of the Forum Team may pick this up for you, however it might take a day or two.

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi Smudger43

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community. Sorry to hear of the TV box issues. I've had a check here and it does need a technician visit. The visit would be because the power levels of the broadband are out of spec but I'll get them to ensure they've got a box to replace your current one with.

I'll PM you now to arrange.

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

Highlighted
Trouble shooter
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

@John_GS

I'm impressed, that was quick 🙂

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Haha @newapollo - I aim to please 🙂

Kind regards

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi John,

Are you okay? you seem to have disappeared in the middle of our private message conversation.

0 Kudos