Menu
Lukea654321
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

DVR has detected a Serious Problem in V6

Hello,

Our V6 Box seems to be broken, it doesn't switch on, instead it displays the message "the DVR has detected a serious problem and will attempt to fix, this could take up to three hours", so we leave it on overnight, but still it doesn't start up, after each three hour repair attempt it displays the same error message above.

I have tried the online chat with no success and I tried calling on my phone but it ran out of battery three hours into being on hold.

Please advise on any method to get this fixed, thank you.

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: DVR has detected a Serious Problem in V6

As you have surmised, this error means your hard drive has failed and you need a new box. It's not repairable.

The quickest way of getting this reported will be to call in, perhaps try a different time of day when wait times are shorter. Good luck

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Lukea654321
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your advice.

I finally got thought to someone and they booked an engineer to come and look at the problem. Wouldn't it just had been easier to send out a box to swap out? Do engineers carry new boxes with them?

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Quite often this would be resolved by a box replacement, yes.

Engineers will carry replacement boxes with them, so it shouldn't be a problem.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks