Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

DVR box not working

My dvr box is not working it says its found a serious problem and to check all connections.  Checked and triple check but is still not working and no one at virgin media to help!.  Can someone please advise how i get this fixed, thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: DVR box not working

I’m guessing it’s got a green screen ? The box needs replacing,if you contact virgin via web chat they will post you out a new one,I hope this helps.

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Maria111,

Thanks for reaching out to the Community Forums, sorry to hear that you are having issues with the V6. Can you clarify the following:

• What does the error message say or is there an error code?
  • Or are you able to send an image of the error?
  • Are you checking the physical connections or the network connections in the v6 menu settings?

I've had a look to see if any outages are in the area where you live and found none, so likely to be the V6 or connection related. I've provided a link below, hopefully it helps what's occurring 

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/tv/issues/watching-tv

If not, let me know and I'll send you a PM.

Cheers,

Corey C

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Corey,  there's no error code coming up just a bright green screen advising the DVR has found a serious problem and it'll take 3 hrs to fix.  All connection uninstalled various times to try to get to work but was unsuccessful.  I need a new Tivo V6 box.

Thanks 

• Maria
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for your reply Maria111. 

We may need to take a closer look. I am going to pop you over a private message and we can go from there. 

The message will show in the purple envelope on the top right of this page. 

Thank you

Nat
0 Kudos