Menu
kitirvine
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

DVR Serious problem and green screen

I've been having problems with TiVo box for 5 days, green screening with a message saying I need to contact customer services.  I have done that without any success as they are stating it is because work is being done in the area affecting broadband and I have to wait two weeks until the work in the area is finished.  However, reading other comments on this forum is seems that the DVR has suffered a hard drive failure and a replacement is required, can anyone suggest how I actually get customer service to arrange for a replacement.

0 Kudos
newapollo
Hero
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: DVR Serious problem and green screen

You have the dreaded green screen of death.

Have you been able to tell them the exact error?

Sometimes Faults can't think outside the box and see a replacement is required despite known work affecting the area.

Call again, but speak to option 4, Retentions (thinking of leaving us)

Forum Staff should pick this up but may take a few days.

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

You're correct to believe the green "DVR has detected an error" green screen means your hard drive has failed, and a replacement is required.

There are some circumstances where fault calls can't be progressed because of existing known issues, but a clear box failure such as this shouldn't be one - although it's not the first time recently, where customers have been told this.

I'll escalate this post to forum staff to get your box replacement progressed quicker than would otherwise happen were you to wait here for a "standard" response. Edited to ask: You've posted in the V6 board but referred to a TiVo - incase of the forum staff having to query, which one do you have.... check here if you're not sure.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Ayisha_B
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi @kitirvine,

Welcome to our Community Forums and thanks for posting.

Sorry to hear you are having issues with your set top box.

I can see an engineer has been booked out for you.

Do let us know how the visit goes 🙂 

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

kitirvine
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks - I call customer services again and got a very helpful person and engineer is now booked to come out and replace the box on Monday.  Thank you for your informative response and I believe I have a V6 box (not TiVo).

Ayisha_B
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for the lovely feedback @kitirvine - I am glad to hear the team were able to help.

Have a great weekend 🙂 

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos