Menu
nopetya13
Tuning in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

DVR Serious Problem (3rd Time)

Hi

At 12.00am today, my Virgin V6 displayed the line green error message and the system began to reboot.

As at 12.30pm today, 12.50 hours later, the system is stuck in an infinite loop.

Any ideas on how to fix this error as this is the third time this has happened in three weeks and has corrected itself?

Tried to upload a jpeg file of the error, but every time I try the image fails to appear.

Thanks Stuart

0 Kudos
SCA1972
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: DVR Serious Problem (3rd Time)

Hi Stuart

Images need to be approved before they are visible to everyone.  Normally they should be visible to you as the uploader, but a bug in the current forum code prevents even you seeing them until they are approved.  If you see yellow triangles in place of your images then they are fine and just awaiting approval.  If any of them are showing a red circle with a diagonal line through it then that image has been rejected.

If you look at your profile now you will see all your images are approved and visible so you can add them to a post:

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/user/viewprofilepage/user-id/739865

My setup: V6 TV box, M350 Fibre broadband with Hub 3 in modem mode connected to a Netgear R7000 router. Telewest/VM user since 2001.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
SCA1972
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: DVR Serious Problem (3rd Time)

Just had a quick search on the forum for "DVR serious problem" and it looks like this is usually a terminal issue and you need a new V6 box.  See example of the same issue here:

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Virgin-TV/DVR-detected-serious-problem-not-fixing-over-24-hours...

If you can't get through to them on the phone then VM are recommending you send a text to 07533 051809 describing the issue and you should get a response, but it may take a day or two at present. This is a text only service, it does not support voice calls.

You can wait here for a response from the forum team but it may also take a few days.

My setup: V6 TV box, M350 Fibre broadband with Hub 3 in modem mode connected to a Netgear R7000 router. Telewest/VM user since 2001.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos