Menu
paulmurphy17
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

DVR Green screen

We received our new box today and had major problems with the setup of the box after 69 mins on the phone to tech support we managed to get the box to load up. Went out for a couple of hours and returned to a green screen can anyone help with what I do to resolve the problem. We are new to the TV package we haven't had a very good experience so far and are on the verge of cancelling within our 14 day period.

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: DVR Green screen

I'm afraid, if this is the green screen with the "DVR has detected a serious error" message, then this means the hard drive has failed and will need replacing.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

paulmurphy17
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Cheers, it looks like cancellation is the cure. 

0 Kudos
paulmurphy17
Joining in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Well that was short lived, 48 minutes to eventually sort out our broadband to TV and phone package after being accused of lying over my package by a lady in the Indian call centre, to be proved correct by a Scottish lady named Karen in the English call centre.

69 mins on the phone to get our newly delivered box to activate again sat with the tech team. Eventually got the box to work. We went out for 2 hrs and came back to a green screen as described earlier. 

68 mins on the phone and box is useless, only time they could get someone out to us was 28/12/2020 so we have now cancelled the bundle reverting back to just broadband, much awaited box is being repackaged and returned.

0 Kudos