cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DVDR has detected a serious Problem

Charleyv
Joining in

My TV box has not been working for 6 days. I have called three times and gotten nowhere. The box is on a constant loop of 'starting up' , welcome screen, switching off, displaying a green screen with text saying 'The DVDr has detected a serious Problem, it will take 3 hours to fix it.' I have unplugged everything, switched off and on again I don't know how many times. At my wit's end. Fed up with virgin. Need help please 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The green "DVR has detected an error" message means your box's hard drive has failed and you will need a replacement box.

There's 2 ways of reporting faults, this example is no exception...

1: Call in. 150 from a VM phone or 0345 4541111 from any other phone and choose the "I have a fault" options

2: Wait on here for staff to respond, which may take a couple of days.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

3 REPLIES 3

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The green "DVR has detected an error" message means your box's hard drive has failed and you will need a replacement box.

There's 2 ways of reporting faults, this example is no exception...

1: Call in. 150 from a VM phone or 0345 4541111 from any other phone and choose the "I have a fault" options

2: Wait on here for staff to respond, which may take a couple of days.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Great thank you! That's very helpful I will call the number 👍👍

Thanks for your post and welcome to the Community Forums, Charleyv,

japitts is 100% that's definitely a hard drive error. Our records show that you have since been in touch. Don't forget you can view and manage your appointments online here

Cheers,

Corey C