Menu
swinbum
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Copy settings from TIVO to V6 not working

I got a new V6 box earlier this week to replace my TIVO which was faulty.  When the tech took my old TIVO box away he told me to log on to the website in order to copy my settings (series links etc.) from the old box to the new one. When I do this I get the message "Success. You request has been added to the TIVO queue. Check your box in approximately 30 minutes". But when I check my box later the settings have not been copied. I notice from the forums that this is a very common problem but Virgin appear not to be addressing it - can you help ?

I am aware that I can't restore actual tv programme recordings but I have a large number of series links that I really do not want to manually re-create again, and I believe that there is a two-week window between my old box being deactivated and the settings being permanently deleted - so I still have a week or so before this expires. However I have tried to copy settings dozens of times over the last day or so, getting the "success" message each time but with no data actually being copied.

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Copy settings from TIVO to V6 not working

This is, unfortunately, a known issue.

Please read this thread - you're doing nothing wrong, the service just isn't working at the moment.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
swinbum
Tuning in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Do you have any idea when the service will be available ?

In the meantime I trust that Virgin are extending the 14-day data settings retention period so everyone having this issue will be able to copy their settings back across when it is eventually resolved ?

Maybe also replace the "Copy TiVo Settings" option with a message saying that the service is temporarily unavailable, to reduce the confusion

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

All I can suggest is that you keep trying the facility upto day-14, at which point your old links are irretrievably lost.

I agree some kind of holding message woudn't be a bad idea, I'm not sure if it's been considered or is impractical for some reason.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos