Menu
DerryNorth
Tuning in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Copy series link from old TiVo to new V6 box doesn't work

I've just installed and setup a new V6 box after my old TiVo box had problems with pixellation and losing connection on Catchup.

Per the instruction manual, I'm trying to copy my series links to the new box and, like others in this community, discovered that the link given in the instruction manual doesn't work.  I eventually found the correct link:  http://manage-virgintvgo.virginmedia.com/tivo/boxswap/

Now, like many others who have posted here, I found that the copy doesn't work, even though I get the Success! message: You're request has been added to the TiVo queue.  Check your box in 30 minutes.

From previous responses it looks as if the copy process no longer works.  However, none of thse responses seem to be from Virgin Media employees, so I'd like an official answer, please.  Is it worth me continuing to retry the copy?  Will if eventually work?  Or shall I give up now and try to remember them all?  If I'd known this was going to happen I'd have made a note of my series links before deactivating the old box.

Regards,

Derry North

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
dannylau
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Copy series link from old TiVo to new V6 box doesn't work

The copy series link hasn't worked for almost a year, as virgin are now migrating to the 360 software I doubt it ever will again 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
DerryNorth
Tuning in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for that swift response.  I thought as much, but have Virgin stated this officially?  Their Help pages still have instructions on the process.  Shouldn't they be removed?

0 Kudos
dannylau
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

There isn't as far as I know an official statement 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I would suspect, that for as long as there's a possibility the facility could be restored, the help pages are likely to remain live.

0 Kudos
DerryNorth
Tuning in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I suppose that makes sense.  I can't help wondering why I wasn't offered the 360 version - I've been with Virgin for about 30 years.

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

At the moment V360 is still in relative infancy compared to the mature TiVo platform. New TV & broadband customers are now being given 360 by default, and Ultimate Oomph quad-play customers are being offered it.

Over time, as 360 develops and rollout develops, then migration will filter down. This will not be a quick process!

0 Kudos