Menu
jaybe
Dialled in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Contract upgraded but sent TiVo not V6

Our package was very out of date, but we needed to upgrade our broadband as we have many devices with the children, and both home working currently.

We had an old Virgin HD box in our bedroom, and this caused us a problem as the person I spoke to could not change anything until that was swapped out - unfortunately that TV is so old and only has a scart socket, so had to be a TiVo.

Part of my original thought was to get the V6 during the upgrade for downstairs, which currently has a TiVo - why couldn't the TiVo go upstairs and the V6 replace that? I don't know why that wasn't suggested, as it would have seemed the most logical. It seemed that the person I spoke to had to get the bedroom box swapped before anything else could be done.

I'm not sure what to do now as we are paying the same price as if at least one of the boxes were a V6 - in all honestly I don't think we got that good a deal, but it just didn't seem like the right time to try and argue for one as I know they are stretched staff wise.

Can I just phone back and get the downstairs TiVo swapped over? - I appreciate I have 14 days cooling off.

Thanks

0 Kudos
jaybe
Dialled in
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Contract upgraded but sent TiVo not V6

Just to update on this, TiVo came and we have now gone from the old HD box in the bedroom to the TiVo. However I am reading on here that virgin are not openly swapping out the TiVo for the V6 - which in my view should’ve been suggested for the downstairs when sorting out the new contract, given how much we are paying a month - and the downstairs TiVo should’ve gone upstairs. The person a was speaking to was a bit stumped and could not proceed until the old HD box was sorted.

I have tried to phone to discuss, but as you can imagine it can take up to an hour to get through to someone. I am would like to get a resolution before the 14 days cooling off expires as we have just enters a new contract.

0 Kudos