cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Continued faults V6 and Hub 4

TommyKM
Just joined

In the last month had a faulty hub this was ch aged to Hub 4 problem resolved.

Green screen of death waited 4 days for an engineer to change box.

engineer changed it and had error box not activated. He left and still had the error 7400

he came back and checked and changed the v6.

it worked for a week error came back 7400 came back and we rang customer service who the resolved this.

My son came home from work and he had error 7400 on his box which had been working fine.

we rang up again and the woman said reboot the hub 4.0 we did it cut off the phone and the broadband would not reconnect, so we now had another issue. We checked all the cables rebooted again several times and nothing changed so we rang customer service went through the whole story again and eventually resolved the hub issue and then the 7400 issue.

but no one knows why this has happened so it could happen again and I will have to go through all this again.

I have lost count of the number of calls made and reboots following the scripts. I have emailed the CEO as customer service needs to be improved as no one seems to be aware of all the issues we have and we have to start over and over again.

rant over but honestly I am losing the will to live.

2 REPLIES 2

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I've moved your post to the V6 section, you're likely to get better help with TV issues here than in the broadband board where you'd posted. Just for info...

You've mentioned Error 7400 which is usually an activation error and can be resolved by calling VM with the box serial number handy and making sure it's correctly setup. Resetting your hub won't be having any impact on this fault, other than removing the ability of your V6 to connect to the internet.

I'm struggling to follow the rest of your post as to whether you're trying to fix two problems in the same post.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Roger_Gooner
Alessandro Volta

@TommyKM wrote:

My son came home from work and he had error 7400 on his box which had been working fine.

Does this mean that you have a V6 and your son has another V6?

--
Hub 5, TP-Link TL-SG108S 8-port gigabit switch, 360
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM hub 5 broadband connection