cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Continued Pixelation issues

essee
Joining in

First started noticing pixelation on BBC1 several weeks ago. Over the last week or so this has escalated to many channels including Sky Sports and TNT. Looking at the service status this has now been acknowledged as an issue, however the resolution date has been moved on four times in the last four days. I've tried contacting VM but have been unable to get any response (no surprise there!) Can anyone advise what I can do next?

Thanks in anticipation

3 REPLIES 3

essee
Joining in

Update! Resolution date on pixelation issue has been moved on again twice and will then be over a week since I first noticed it on the service status. I still can't watch BBC1 Sky Sports or TNT sports on my TV. Surely this length of time to resolve a problem is unusual - or maybe it's not??

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Pixellation is usually a signal issue and very often quite localised - the online status is not always the most reliable for this sort of fault and the automated status line 0800 5610061 can be much better. Is anything reported on there?

Second - you mention "Sky Sports" & "TNT Sports" but can you be more specific about individual channels that are affected? Digital TV platforms carry channels in clusters which don't correlate to their EPG positions, and a signal fault will usually affect all the channels on the affected multiplex.

Third - general advice for any pixellation query stands - reboot your box once to eliminate a software or tuner gremlin, check the automated status line 0800 5610061, and if the problem persists - assume only you are affected and report the fault to VM.

Either calling in on 150/0345 4541111 or waiting on here a couple of days for staff to respond.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi @essee,

Thank you for your posts and welcome back to our community forums. We're here to help.

I'm so sorry to hear of the TV pixilation issues you've been experiencing recently. I've checked over things on our systems and I'm unable to detect any faults currently that would explain this. Is this problem ongoing for you today?

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!