Menu
Millsybj
Joining in
Message 1 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Constant reboot

I have to reboot my V6 box everyday to get it to work. When first switch on the box the screen on the TV is blank and the box has no light. Reboot solves it but can take 10 mins. Any suggestions please?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Re: Constant reboot

Hey Millsybj,

Sorry to hear that you're having issues with your V6 box. If the situation hasn't improved since your last post, please respond to my private message that I will send over in a few moments and I can look into this further.

Thanks

Steven_L  

0 Kudos
taschki
Joining in
Message 3 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Hi

I'm having a similar issue - I don't have to reboot quite every day but at least once a week since I got my new V6 box. Usually it's because my tv and v6 box have lost the connection - however many times I switch the v6 on the tv says there's no signal.

Today I tried to watch something on iplayer and got sound but a black screen instead of pictures.

Both these issues are resolved (albeit temporarily, ie until the next time) by rebooting but this constant rebooting and waiting around is simply NOT GOOD ENOUGH Virgin. I never had these sorts of issues with my old tivo box. I can see from this forum that many people are enduring a similar experience.

Is there any timeline on when this flakiness will be resolved for good?

Millsybj
Joining in
Message 4 of 14
Flag for a moderator

My V6 box has been changed but still having reboot issues. Also second smart TV previously connect via WiFi will not connect by WiFi or TPLink. Got it working at lunch time but dropped out some 4 hours later.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Hi @taschki,

Welcome to our Community Forum and sorry to hear about the ongoing issues you're experiencing with your V6 box.

I'll send you a Private Message asking you for details, please reply to it so I can take a look at your V6 box.

Regards,

Lisa

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Hi @Millsybj,

Sorry to hear you're still experiencing issues with your V6 box and that you're unable to maintain a constant connection with your second Smart TV via wifi.

As you're still experiencing issues with your new V6 box, I'll send a Private Message so I can take a look at at it,

Regards,

Lisa

0 Kudos
CherryOak
Joining in
Message 7 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Hello

I have tried calling Virgin to speak to someone about an issue I have with my Tivo box where every day my on-demand services drop out.

How many times I've rebooted it either through settings or by manually switching it off at the back, it always reoccurs.

Upon reboot all works OK (so it can't be a loose connection) but 24 hours later it will go again...it's one of two V6 boxes we have - the other works fine.

I've called repeatedly, had the 'signal' sent to reset my internet (not convinced that ever works) and when call back to be put through to an engineer get in a queue where I'm constantly waiting at least 20 minutes before giving up.

I've even filed a complaint online in a bid to get hold of somebody to discuss - but have heard nothing back.

I pay a lot for the service, but the customer service levels are increasingly becoming unacceptable.

Help!

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Alessandro Volta
Message 8 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Cherryoak: If the normal TV viewing is ok it sounds like it may be a problem with the V6's internet connection. How have you got it connected to the Hub? I would guess that the "good" V6 is connected by ethernet cable - or is close to the Hub - whilst the "poorly" V6 is somewhat distant from the Hub and connected by wifi - which is dropping out now and then.

If that is correct, you have 3 options for connecting the "poorly" V6 to the Hub

1) Ethernet cable connect it to the Hub (best option by far)
2) Improve the wifi signal at the V6 location - lots of discussion and suggestions how to do that - on here
3) Connect the V6 to the Hub by good quality powerline adapters (assuming electric circuits connection is ok to support that)

--------------------
Services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
CherryOak
Joining in
Message 9 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for replying...the 'poorly' box is actually untouched since it was installed and is about three inches from the hub....the one upstairs (again unmoved since installation) is also wifi connected (and trouble free).

Surely, though, if the wifi drops out for a moment...then it should simply reconnect? (Or am I being hopelessly optimistic there?).

As far as I can make out, neither have ethernet cables running into the Tivo box...

0 Kudos
Followthebear
On our wavelength
Message 10 of 14
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

I have this as well at least 4 times per week. Right now I’m getting red sign on V6 box and broadband not working. I’ve rebooted 3 times today and every time I run the test via Virgin Media it says ‘We think you’re equipment may be switched off’ but the equipment isn’t so the issue is with Virgin service not my equipment. Recently took another year contract and already regretting it. Deserve weekly compensation for poor service.