cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Constant flashing green light. Everything is connected

leeadams
Tuning in

Hello,

I am looking for assistance please. I have been directed here by a member of staff, via Twitter. I have been unable to speak to anyone on the VM helpline as their call centre is shut due to COVID.

Our TIVO (V6?) box has been flashing with a green light since 6th November. It says we are not connected to a network, yet I have gone through all the online guides; I have restarted it goodness-knows how many times and the wires are secured in the back so tightly, you would need a spanner to prize them free. Yet it still says there is something not connected?!

I was getting really frustrated with VM that I fired off an annoyed tweet to them some days ago and received a response this morning; saying that I should try this forum and a technical adviser should be able to fix my problem. 

I suppose it could be just as simple as it has past its shelf life now, as we've had it since the summer of 2015.

We just want it sorted please. Does it need replacing? If so, can this be facilitated?

Best regards,

Lee 

17 REPLIES 17

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Are you using a TiVo or a V6? Please check here 

That photo looks like the back of a TiVo to me, and all the advice you've been given (from myself included) is based on your statement of it being a V6. (that'll teach me to assume!!)

The flashing green light - is it on the front-left of the box, second from left?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Yes, I agree it's a TIVO  - the picture shows a scart socket  - a V6 doesn't have a scart connection

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

My apologies,

Yes, I would say it is a TIVO box; I just assumed an V6 was the make of the TIVO. I should have guessed that when I saw that the booklet made no mention of it being a V6.

Yes, the flashing green light is on the front left; second one in.

Thanks, 

Lee 🙂 

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

No problem - moral of the story is to check everything and assume nothing 🙂

That green light is your box's "online" light indicating that the internal modem is failing, rendering the box offline without an internet connection.

You need to call VM and report your faulty box.. 150 from a VM phone or 0345 4541111 from any other phone. Follow the options for "I have a fault with my TV service" and ignore every other prompt - especially any that offer you a link or to "go online". If the automated system offers to book you an engineer appointment, take it.

If not - ignore all other prompts (many get confused!) and queue for a faults agent. You likely need a replacement box, possibly an engineer visit. VM can determine which.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

That's excellent - thank you so much for your help 🙂 🙂 

AND THANK YOU TO EVERYONE ELSE WHO HAS REPLIED 🙂

I have screen captured your reply and will get it sorted tomorrow morning.

Thanks again 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂 

Hello,

Just thought I would let you know my problem with the TIVO box has been sorted. A lovely engineer called Marie came out and fixed the problem on Thursday. 

Everything is now working perfectly. 

Thanks again for all your contributions and suggestions.

All the best,

Lee 😊

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi again Lee,

Thanks for the update.

It's great to hear you have a fully functional TIVO again.

Stay safe and take care.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Thank you Dave, same to you too 😊