Menu
AnnoyedUser65
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Constant Picture Distortion/Pixelation

I am having constant issues with my upstairs V6 box distorting the picture.

The problem has been ongoing for over a month now. Initially when I tried to get help I was told that it was atmospherics (despite this being fibre so supposed immune to weather changes - though I always experience issues during bad weather). However the issue has remained across all channels

I have gone through all the online help I can find and tried the different fixes, to no avail.

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Constant Picture Distortion/Pixelation

Pixellation & picture breakup, assuming you've restarted your box to rule out software issues, simply means there's a fault somewhere that is then manifesting itself in poor TV signal. A cable TV system, by its nature, should be largely immune to poor weather, but if you're getting worse problems in bad weather then it's quite possible that a connector or cable somewhere is not properly sealed and is perhaps being affected by water ingress.

The resolution, as with any potential signal issue, is to call VM and report it. 150 from a VM landline, or 0345 4541111 from any other phone, and follow the options for "I have a fault with my TV service"

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
AnnoyedUser65
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hello,

Yes I have tried all the help suggestions - rebooting, checking all cables and connections, box checks, etc. I did contact 150. Was told I had to wait 2 weeks before they'd even think of looking at it because it's probably due to the weather in my area - hence my weather comment. Now I'm being told it's not an emergency and due to Covid-19 I need to get on with it

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Something doesn't sound right here - if all else fails, you should certainly be offered the first available engineer slot.

Without being party to the call, it's hard to comment further.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos