Menu
pdavies77uk
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Constant Dropouts when streaming through V6 Box

We've been experiencing constant dropouts when watching Youtube, Netflix and Amazon Prime through our V6 box.  When the streaming stops and buffers, the arrows on the front of the V6 box light up (amber/white).  It's a wired connection.  We've tried everything from resetting the Super Hub 2, to resetting the V6 box but still the problem persists when watching streaming services.  I've done a speed test through the V6 box and we're getting 45 Mbps, however I don't believe it's a speed issue but instead random disconnections.  It's very frustrating when trying to watch films or TV programmes.

Any ideas?

0 Kudos
John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Constant Dropouts when streaming through V6 Box

Hi pdavies77uk

Thanks for posting. My apologies for the delayed reply and the broadband issues. I've had a check today and no issues are showing. 

We can replace the hub 2 with a 3 though free of charge if you're happy to do a self-install?

Let me know 🙂

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

How are you connecting the V6 to the Hub. I am guessing that its wifi and the connection is unstable on that. If so can you try it on an ethernet cable to see if that sorts it (perhaps just temporarily as a test)?
If its on ethernet already - try changing to a new Cat5e or better cable.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
pdavies77uk
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi, sorry have only just seen your response.  Yes please to the 3 and I'm happy to self install.  Thanks

0 Kudos
Zak_M
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Good Afternoon, 

Just to let you know, I have sent this out to you. 

Kind regards,

Zak_M

0 Kudos