Menu
kildrum
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Connecting TV6 boxes via hub by ethernet cables

Hi, I am currently trying to link 2 tv6 boxes via my hub by ethernet cable. Both boxes are showing they have a wired connection by ethernet in the TV6 Network settings. Sadly neither show up as being available in the My Shows section on either box. 

Suspect I have missed a step, any ideas or solutions would be gratefully accepted. Thanks

0 Kudos
kildrum
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Re: Connecting TV6 boxes via hub by ethernet cables

Update

I disconnected the ethernet cables from the tv6 boxes to the hub and reset the 2 boxes using the powerline adaptors. Updated the virgin media settings via system and both adaptors have all green lights. Still no sign of tv6 boxes in any my tv shows. Totally flumoxed. Cant see where I have gone wrong other than a problem with virgin media. 

0 Kudos
Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi kildrum,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community, I am sorry to hear you aren't able to see either boxes on the other on in my shows.

When they are both set up on either the same Wi-Fi network or by Ethernet when you select my shows and go to the very bottom of the list you should see the name of the other V6 and when you click on that should see all the recordings from the other box. 

Regards

Paul.

kildrum
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Paul. Just changed back to a fixed ethernet connection. Will check it out later. Fingers crossed.

0 Kudos
Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi kildrum,

Please let me know how you get on.

Regards

Paul.

0 Kudos
kildrum
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi again. Managed to get boxes connected. All well until last week, neither box connecting now. Removed ethernets and tried wireless on same wifi source. Both ethernet and wifi searches kept giving me the error code C423. Screen suggested I go to virginmedia.com/tvcode. Did this and it didnt recognise the code??

Back to boxes not recognising each other. 

Any help would be appreciated

0 Kudos
newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 7 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi kildrum,

Sorry to see you are still having issues.  This  is a direct link to virgin-tv-error-codes/c423   (The VM site has it listed as C243)

Although basically following that link won't change anything as it asks you to checck all your conections and then try a reboot.

Hopefully a member for the Forum Team will pick this up again for you, and also send feedback about the error code link typo 

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
kildrum
On our wavelength
Message 8 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Thank you Dave,

Appreciated 👍

0 Kudos
Megan_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi Kildrum, 

Thanks for your post on the forums, I am sorry you're having this issue with your V6 boxes. 

You've followed the correct advice by searching for the error code on our website, this would be our main go to at the first step. 

However, I can see that you've already rebooted your HUB and your TV box with no fix, so I've taken the time to look into your services and can see you'll need a tech call out. I'll send you a PM now so we can chat about dates and times 🙂

Thanks, 

Megan_L

0 Kudos
Megan_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi Kildrum, 

Thanks for chatting with me in our PM, I am glad that you managed to fix the issue by rebooting both boxes 🙂

Is there anything else that you did that could help other users with the same issue? Someone may come across your thread and find it really helpful you see! 🙂

Thanks, 

Megan_L

0 Kudos