Menu
Mckee214
Joining in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Connecting 2 boxes

Last week, we bought a new TV for the lounge and moved the existing one into another room, where we replaced an old one.   The boxes connected to the old tvs connected well,  but since changing the tvs,  I can't view the other box's programmes in each room. How do I reset it so that each tv can read the other's tivo box?  Actually,  one is a v6 and one a tivo

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Connecting 2 boxes

The V6 is easy - you'll already have a connection (using WiFi or Ethernet) between it and your homehub, which is used for OnDemand & streaming. The exact same connection is used for multiroom streaming between boxes.

The TiVo has its internet connection inbuilt, so you'll need to run an Ethernet cable between it and your homehub - and that will enable multiroom/multibox streaming.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Mckee214
Joining in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your reply.  Unfortunately,  they both have to be connected via WiFi because of the location of the hub, however, it worked before!  At you saying that the planner should automatically show the other box on it?  I'm not very technically minded!!!

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

In that case you're snookered, the TiVo doesn't have WiFi.

You'll have to either swap the TiVo for a V6 (opening another avenue of advice) or work out an Ethernet run.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

0 Kudos
Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I don’t understand.

The Virgin Media boxes have stayed in the same place.

It was supposed to have worked before but couldn’t as the TiVo, it’s suggested, doesn’t have an Ethernet connection.

Mckee214
Joining in
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Lol, well it did work before!!  Dw, I've given up!! I'm having so much grief with the Internet from virgin anyway - think I might switch to Sky. 🥴

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

As Ernie says, without an Ethernet cable linking the TiVo to your homehub, multibox streaming won't work. I see back in November you posted about V6 streaming having problems with your WiFi.

Pop some details about your internet issues in the broadband section and you should get some help with that.

Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

@Mckee214 

The only way this could have worked in the past, given you say neither box has an Ethernet cable connection, is that both boxes are actually V6s.

With both connected by WiFi, you are very likely to suffer the issues you have had. Without an understanding of WiFi connections and how to resolve them, you don’t have a hope of fixing your issue.

Over your two threads, you have been given advice which you don’t seem to have acted on.

Given your attitude to my help in this thread, support won’t be coming your way from me. Good luck.

0 Kudos
Mckee214
Joining in
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

🤣🤣🤣🤣

Thanks 😘

0 Kudos