Menu
Brian27
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Connecting 2 V6 boxes with Ethernet (Not wifi)

I have just joined Virgin in Sept when I moved into a new house having previously been a BT and Sky customer. I ordered Multi-room and was not advised I needed to hard wire in the second box, so the engineer was about to drill holes though my house. I cannot believe you cannot connect the boxes by wifi and this is so far behind competition! Also the coax cable is fitted to a white box in my lounge and stands 10 cm off the wall which is carzy and means my cabinet cannot be flush to the wall.

So i contacted virgin by whatsapp and durng the chat it just went dead and they never replied..... t this day I still don't have multi-room and Virgin are happy to collect my money for the full package 😞

Unbelievable..... think twice about multi-room its not really what it says, bordering on false marketing!!!

0 Kudos
Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Connecting 2 V6 boxes with Ethernet (Not wifi)

Unfortunately, you made an assumption that was wrong.

It is no secret that Virgin Media supply cable TV and each box requires a co-ax (cable) connection.

As you refused installation of the second box, isn’t it you who decided you didn’t want MultiRoom?

What is it you actually want Virgin Media to do? I would guess you either want to cancel your contract or perhaps restructure your contract to only include one TV box.

In either case, you should contact Virgin Media by phone - 150 if you have a Virgin Media landline or 0345 454 1111. There is also a text option - https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Digital-life/When-and-how-to-use-our-messaging-service/ba-p/425...

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Brian27
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

How right you are..... in a world of technology and the WiFi I was wrong to assume, that said I was sold multiroom without any explanation as to how it worked and that responsibility lies with a supplier (Virgin) !!! 

Anyway, again how right you are I should contact Virgin, so I did by message, Whatapps, email..... they cut my Whatapps chat off with the last message being "let me look into this" and I haven't received a reply yet. So forgive me if I sound a little frustrated!!!

0 Kudos
newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Are you based in Ireland by any chance?

This forum is for UK customers, VM don't have a whatsapp contact method in the UK.

https://www.virginmedia.ie/contact/

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks