Menu
AquaHome
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Connect old Tv - componet port to V6 box

How can I connect my old TV which has scart, s-video and component port to a V6 box?

I bought a transformer HDMI to RCA port and works but video is in black and white with bad resolution. Then I bought a transformer HDMI to Component but its not working.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Portta-Converter-Component-Support-Channel/dp/B00A8FIQXA/ref=sr_1_8?ie=UTF8...

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01D5H8C4K/ref=sspa_dk_detail_5?psc=1&pd_rd_i=B01D5H8C4K&pd_rd_w=mEUIK&p...

Any advice

0 Kudos
Roger_Gooner
Community elder
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Connect old Tv - componet port to V6 box

These converters are so hit and miss, best to get a second-hand LED 1080p TV with an HDMI port for £200.

--
Hub 3.0, TP-Link Archer C8, TP-Link TL-SG1008D 8-port gigabit switch, V6
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM Broadband Connection
0 Kudos
AquaHome
Joining in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for answering but I don't see the point why I changed from Sky to Virgin then.

My old Tv worked with Sky. Now I need to dump my old Tv and spend £200 extra on a new one to use the product!

Not very happy with Virgin! 

0 Kudos
LittleMick73
Trouble shooter
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi I know it's a expense that no one really wants, but as you are paying for a service which includes HD & a state of the art box it seems a shame not to take advantage of it's capabilities.Regards Micky
0 Kudos
Roger_Gooner
Community elder
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

If you went back to Sky you'll find that the only Sky HD boxes that had component outputs were probably made by Thomson which were discontinued years ago. It makes no sense to subscribe to pay TV with an ancient TV. It's time to come into the 21st century and get an HD TV with an HDMI input.

--
Hub 3.0, TP-Link Archer C8, TP-Link TL-SG1008D 8-port gigabit switch, V6
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM Broadband Connection
0 Kudos
cranforduk
Up to speed
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Have you tried changing the video out setting on the V6 box to one of the lower settings such as 576? Under the review for the Portta  on Amazon there is a user that has done this to get this box to work with his plasma TV.

AquaHome
Joining in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thank you very much cranforduk

It is working now

@cranforduk wrote:

Have you tried changing the video out setting on the V6 box to one of the lower settings such as 576? Under the review for the Portta  on Amazon there is a user that has done this to get this box to work with his plasma TV

Regards

Renata

0 Kudos
av-115
Problem sorter
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

If, when signing up for VM TV, you had told them your TV does not have HDMI inputs, they would have sent out a TiVo box instead which has native scart output and would actually give you RGB colour which you will never get from the V6 by using these converters. If you are set on keeping that TV and value picture quality, ring them up and ask to swap to a TiVo and return the V6. Just be aware that the TiVo box is slower than V6.

--------------------------
TV: XL TV (V6 & V+ HD)
Broadband: VIVID 200
Phone: Talk Unlimited
0 Kudos