Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Confused on sports :/

So I was out of contract and paying £79 a month for 200 bb and basic tv

i was going to cancel and resign up for the £65 a month deal - 200 bb, Sky sports, phone and no connection £65 For 18 months new customer 

customer service said they would match the deal but I had to pay a £30 connection... paid it... and they put me on a deal with no sky sports as they said £65 is for new customers

so had to cancel the order, then cancel virgin  and then sign up as a new customer to get the skysports £65 deal.... unreal lol

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Confused on sports :/

What's happened to you is unfortunate, but most companies offer new customer only deals to entice people in.

Cancelling and then re-contracting would not (normally) get you the new customer deal because you're only counted as "new" if you haven't been a customer for reasonable period of time (12 months if I remember correctly).

If you have some record of the call where they offered Sports to you and/or you're within the 14-day contractual cooling off period then I would contact them again and query it.

Keith

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Confused on sports :/

My wife canceled her contract

i started a new one

cooling off period was coming to an end  and still call not listened to- but all sorted just in a roundabout way 😕

0 Kudos