Menu
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Collect+ returning virgin equipment

The collect+ drop off points are quite far from where I live can I use the printed labels provided with the boxes to return items and post at my local post office and pay for the postage myself thankyou 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Collect+ returning virgin equipment

Hi I'm karl a service tech for virginmedia. Yes that's fine you could post an pay yourself. Virgin gave set up a collection agents unit but with all this going on with Corona it's been put on hold. When this is over you should get the option to have equipment collected. Aslong as you have the equipment you wont get charged. Hope this helps.

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Thankyou for your response karl has really helped so just to clarify I can hold on to the equipment until this is all over and get it collected and I'm not going to be charged in the next 2 weeks for not returning it in the specified time i was originally given much appreciated thankyou stuart 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi sorry to post on this thread but I think it is relevant. 

I've just received a call from a mobile saying he was from Virgin Media and he's in the area can he collect the Virgin tv box that I closed the account on about a month ago. Is it a scam cos I didn't arrange the collection and I was expecting a box to send it back in and I would have to take it to the post office?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Sorry, too late. They've collected it now 🙁

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi, no it isnt a scam, we are going around collecting old and unused equipment.  They should have ID badge and be in a marked vehicle.  They may ask you to leave it outside to maintain social distancing

Regards

Rich

Send Me a PM!

Here to help! I'm a Field Technician helping out from home. Find out more
REFER A FRIEND AND SHARE £100 BETWEEN YOU

****************** ASK ME HOW ******************

Highlighted
Joining in
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

i have equipment to return, I texted and recieved instruction to take it to nearest point for collection.  i am elderly, and, would not carry this to the collection point around a half mile away.  I am not employed by your company, and, do not see why I should use transport/others to return it

It is your equipment, you should arrange collection from my address.  can someone in Virgin collect it please??????

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hello joad,

We can certainly look into this for you

I will need to send you a private message to pass security 
If you can check the purple envelope top right of your screen that would be great 
Regards     
Gareth_L

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

• Looking to see if virgin can collect equipment from my home address just as covid hit i had 3 v6 boxes to return and also now just upgraded my broadband so have router to return as well so in total 4. I'm unable to get to the drop of point to post im in the RG249EF  my wife is in all day so no issues with time date etc would be most grateful if this could be sorted tried to get through on phone but takes forever to get through thanks in advance stuart 
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

I can see you was advised back in July that you would need to order a new package if you haven't already done so, in case you missed it the link is here

We had engineers collecting these during lockdown - it is not something we are actively doing at the moment. 

Cheers. 

Ryan_N - Forum Team - https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/custom/page/page-id/WelcomeGoodFolk
0 Kudos