Menu
nadmai
Tuning in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Collect+ return missing

Hi

I returned my Tivo box using the Collect+ at my local co-op store a few weeks ago with the correct printed label. 

I've received two e-mails since then saying the equipment has not been returned. Unfortunately I've been a muppet and can't find the receipt I was given and we threw the letter the sticker was attached to away. 

Collect+ refused to talk to me without a tracking number (I don't have it) and said phone Virgin Media as they will have the tracking number. 

Phoned Virgin Media and the guy said that if I had the equipment number and the address for the return I could give that to Collect+   I asked him what the address was.... and he didn't know!? 

Could someone give me a hand sorting this out please, as I don't want to be charged for something I've returned in good faith! 

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
newapollo
Hero
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Collect+ return missing

Hi nadmai,

As far as I know it can take the VM systems up to 2 weeks to update with returned items.

The returns address is

CPE Reverse
Door 99, Unit 3 Claudius Way, Prologis Business Park Wellingborough
Northamptonshire NN8 2DH

I'm not sure what the equipment number would be, probably the serial number of the Tivo?

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
nadmai
Tuning in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Many thanks Dave!

I'm hopeful that you're right about it needing a few weeks to update. But the text message I received yesterday said I would be charged in 9 days if it wasn't returned.

So I contacted Collect+ and they have said again that they can do nothing without the tracking number and that Virgin Media will be able to provide it. 

My experience so far

Collect+   - "Contact Virigin media, they will have a tracking number for the item"
Virgin Media - "We don't have a tracking number. Contact Collect+ with your equipment number and the address it was sent to and they can find it"
Collect+  -   "We can't do anything without a tracking number. Ask your supplier to give you a tracking number." 

How can two companies that work together all the time not know how the other operates?!  It boggles my mind. 

0 Kudos
nadmai
Tuning in
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Also re. Dave's comment that the 'equipment number' might be the serial number, it's not! 

Item serial AAAX****09270000
Equip number  506a0300****  

0 Kudos
nadmai
Tuning in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Any chance of the mod team getting back to me on this please? Virgin Media have no record of the tracking numbers they generate from Collect+ ? 

Collect+ website says

How to track a parcel without a tracking reference

Create an account with CollectPlus and you can view all of your in-flight parcels (linked to that email address) by tracking reference and parcel status.

So, as Virgin Media have the account, and not me, *someone* must be able to access this information.

0 Kudos
Alex_RM
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi nadmai,

Thanks for posting and welcome to our community 🙂

It can take a few weeks to update on our systems as advised, if a charge was applied in the meantime, this would be removed once we have the equipment.

We don't have a reference number we can give you sorry, 

Alex_Rm

0 Kudos
YK78
Tuning in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I am in the same predicament!
0 Kudos
Emily_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the post YK78.

When did you send this return to us and have you had notification that we've received this? 

It would take 2 weeks to process the return once we get this.

Thanks, Emily.

0 Kudos