Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Coaxial cable

Hi everyone, what type of coax cable should I use when relocating my 2nd v6 box after I damaged the old cable

Thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Coaxial cable

Hi is the cable run internal.

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Solid RG6 Coaxial cable (not the honeycomb type) with screw on connectors preferably. Make sure the F connectors are tightly secured as they may cause pixelation if not.

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

Highlighted
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

The correct cable for this is RG59 or RG6 using F type connectors. These connectors need to be crimped on with compression tool.

Highlighted
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

You should use rg59, remember you will also need connectors for the coaxial 

Highlighted
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

You should get a tech out. But times are hard at the moment. If it's over a short distance it doesn't matter so much. Just pay good attention to the connections. This is where you can cause the most problems.