cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cisco Tivo Original Box

TAZMANUK
Knows their stuff

So we have a V6 and an additional box which is a Cisco Tivo box that's very old.

Last year Virginmedia was swapping out these old boxes for a V6 box, is their any chance in getting this swapped with it becoming slow and out of date.

Back in April 2022 you was swapping them out but never received an email to upgrade it, also the power supply unit seems to be faulty with it cutting out sometimes and can't test the V6 power cable as their different jack size

4 REPLIES 4

TAZMANUK
Knows their stuff

Who did you speak too as it's like pulling teeth, my old Cisco additional Tivo box is very old and the power supply seems faulty now, not so long since they upgraded original tivos to v6 free of charge however I never go an email about it, only asking now as it's becoming faulty and unreliable 

Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Report your fault. Get a new box.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@TAZMANUK wrote:

Last year Virginmedia was swapping out these old boxes for a V6 box

There's not been a proactive TiVo > V6 swapout programme since several years now, but as suggested by Ernie... you should report the fault with the power supply.

At the very least all faulty equipment will be replaced, but TiVo's are no longer replaced but are swapped out for V6. So there's your solution.

The usual fault reporting avenues apply - calling in for immediate response, or wait here a few days for the forum pickup.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

TAZMANUK
Knows their stuff

All sorted sending replacement and switching it to V6 arriving next week