Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Children’s channels gone

I rang up virgin yesterday to see if there were any deals to reduce my package. I’ve kept everything the same for about £17 less. I’ve got the full house package, anyway, soon as I got off the phone, the kids tv channels went off, rang back up and was assured I should still have them as they’re included. Done the usual switching the boxes off etc but they’re still missing and saying I need a subscription for them. I was passed to technical support who said yes I should definitely have those channels, but I don’t. An engineer has been booked but I really don’t see how he’s going to fix it. I’m certain that subscribers has just been removed somehow. It’s just a coincidence how they went off on all boxes as soon as I was on the phone 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Children’s channels gone

I thought this would happen.

Anyone on a LEGACY Full House pack still receives the childrens channels as standard.

If the pack is added as part of a new contract it DOES NOT include them:

"A dedicated Kids Pick is also available on Player and Full House packages and will keep Virgin Media’s youngest viewers entertained for just £5 per month. This includes 11 channels, such as Disney XD, Nickelodeon and the Cartoon Network, as well as many episodes available via catch-up and box sets."

https://www.virginmedia.com/corporate/media-centre/press-releases/virgin-media-brings-it-all-togethe...

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

I’ve been back on the phone to the and they’ve said I definitely still have the kids channels. She said it’s probably because there’s a fault in my area. I’m not convinced. There was no fault yesterday morning when it all of sudden went off. And it’s only those specific channels. I just feel like I’m gonna be waiting for an engineer for no reason 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

EDIT: just seen your reply - too late for my post - I would get back on and ask them to add them back now.

Call them back and go to the "thinking of leaving" options 1-1-4-5 - argue the toss firmly but politely that they should not have been removed. Worst case scenario is they add them back and charge you £5/mo.
Oh and you are right - cancel the technician visit

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.