cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Checking order progress?

uzzo
Joining in

Hi,

I've (verbally) been told by Virgin that a replacement V6 control handset has been ordered and should be with me within 5 working days.  However, I've not received any confirmation of that by any route, nor can I find any information under "My Virgin Media" (which takes you round an endless loop if you let it).  Is there anywhere I can check progress, to circumvent a fruitless wait?

FYI, this is due to a "V6 slow to respond to handset commands" issue, various threads of which can be found on this forum.  I'm not convinced the handset is actually the cause, but it's the easiest place to start.

10 REPLIES 10

Daniel_Et
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @uzzo, thank you for your post.

Have you received the V6 remote control since posting? If so, has it resolved the issue?

Please pop back to us at your earliest convenience.

Regards,
Daniel

uzzo
Joining in

Hi Daniel_Et, thanks for your input.  

The new handset arrived late yesterday and was set up this morning. The system seems to behaving normally, but then it is doing so at the moment even with the old handset, which is still paired with the V6.  I shall check again and report back this evening, which is when the problems seem to happen and what is suggesting to me the issue is actually a V6/network one.  

Even if this particular issue is cured, I don't imagine the other ones will be: (a) V6 occasionally refusing to connect to HDMI and then ignoring the handset when awoken from standby, requiring a V6 reboot, (b) occasional Netflix NW-2-5 connection error, requiring a V6 reboot.   Problem (a) is more frequent than (b), occurring, say, once every 1-2 weeks, but when I contacted Virgin some weeks ago they couldn't even detect that I'd manually rebooted the V6.  Problem (b) appears to be the subject of several old threads on this forum, but with no solution as far as I can see.

Cheers,

Chris 

Hi uzzo

Thank you for the update.

How have things been since posting?

Please let us know if either of the other issues mentioned happen again and we can look into this further for you.

Please pop back to us when you can. 

Vikki - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

uzzo
Joining in

Well, much to my surprise the new handset seems to have cured the "V6 slow to respond to handset commands" issue.  I don't know what's wrong with the old one - a few years ago I would have taken it apart to investigate, but I can't be bothered now.

The Netflix NW-2-5 connection problem recurred this evening.  I didn't bother rebooting the V6, which temporarily cures the problem, I just used the app that's built in to the TV.  That app connected immediately, as do the apps on my various portable devices.  I'm not sure why I'm persisting with the V6 app, or paying for the privilege to do so.

I'm awaiting the other problem to recur, with bated breath.

Cheers,

Chris 

OK, so now the other problem (failure to start from standby) occurred this morning, requiring a reboot.  I suspected something was wrong because in the early morning I had been successfully streaming a recording to my tablet and was pleasantly surprised not to have any buffering issues, but later in the day buffering problems occurred while viewing more of the same recording on the tablet, and still later the recording failed to load at all, throwing up a "zero content" error (or equivalent, I can't remember the exact wording).  As an experiment I attempted to view the recording directly on the V6, but the V6 wouldn't start.  After a reboot, it played the recording normally.  Note that all above attempts were made under the same conditions, i.e. within the home and with no-one else using the wifi or internet (except perhaps for automatic updates to various devices).

So, that's the Netflix error and now the startup error.  

How do I escalate this for attention?  Please don't suggest calling 150, that route is painful and simply does not work.

Chris   

The startup failure occurred again this morning.

If my tablet needed to be rebooted as often as the V6, I'd chuck it away.  

Hi Chris, 

Thanks for taking the time to update your post about your issues in the Community.

We're sorry this is ongoing for you. Taking a look at things this end, we can see the box is producing a few errors. We won't be able to fix this remotely so I would like to arrange for an engineer to come to take a look at this for you. 

I just need to confirm the address to ensure we are booking the visit on the correct account. I have sent you a direct message to allow us to do this with you in a private space. If you are using a PC/Laptop then you can just click on the little ✉ at the top right-hand side of the page to access your inbox. If you are on a mobile/tablet device then instead click on the little circle icon in the top right then select 'Messages'. 😊

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi @uzzo

Thanks for coming back to via private message to confirm your information. 🤩

I have booked you in for the next available appointment. To view this please sign in to My Virgin Media here 👉 My VM. Once you log in scroll down to Orders & appointments then click on View your orders. Please note it can take up to 24 hours to show but you should also receive a text message with the details. You can also view this in the My VM app. If you have any issues with accessing your account or unable to see your visit, please do let us know and we’ll pop you a message to pass data protection and confirm the appointment details.

Just to confirm, there will be no charge for this visit unless:

• ➡ The technician diagnoses the faults as not being caused by our network/equipment 
  • ➡ The technician discovers that the fault or problem relates to your equipment
  • ➡ The technician discovers that the fault or problem relates to any system that we are not responsible for
  • ➡ The technician will confirm during their visit if any of these instances apply, and if so, a £25 charge will be applied to your account.

Please ensure there is someone over the age of 18 present at the time of the visit. If you need to change or cancel your appointment you can do this online or via the MyVM app by 4pm the day before the appointment. If you do miss an agreed appointment for any reason, a £25 missed appointment charge will be applied to your account on the day of the appointment.

We will continue to monitor your services and if we can see that the fault has cleared and the visit is no longer required we will cancel the appointment and let you know by text and email.

Let us know how the appointment goes. 😊

Take care.

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

uzzo
Joining in

Hi Kath,

Thanks for your help - hopefully this will sort it.  

I've rescheduled for the following day, but doing so highlighted the hybrid account holder problems I have.  

The "MY VM" link above takes me to the MY VM homepage, which allows me to login, greets me with "Welcome back, Chris", and allows me to see various aspects of our account and services etc.  However, when I navigate to the page regarding maintenance appointments it tells me "Oops! You are not eligible" because I'm not the primary account holder.

If I login with my wife's details, I don't get the "Oops" warning, but neither can I see any appointments in the "My Orders and Appointments" page, only a banner telling me that "It looks like you don't have any outstanding orders!".

The link in the text message that I received (but why send to me if I'm not the primary account holder?) only requires our postcode and surname, which is the same information for both of us and so lets me in.  And that takes me to a different part of the portal, which did allow me to both see and change the appointment.

You can see why Virgin customers get frustrated.  

I assume part of this is a problem with the My Virgin website, but the underlying hybrid account is not helping.   I'm having more success with you than anyone else I've tried recently, is that something you are able to investigate/correct?  Or is there someone equally capable that I can talk to (not 150 - this is completely beyond their understanding, as proven several times)?

I appreciate this deviates from the subject of this thread, but, hey, I'm striking while the iron is hot.

Thanks,

Chris