Menu
Downloader141
Tuning in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Charges for Fitness Game

I too have just had a bill with 3 charges of £3.99 on the same day, for using the fitness app. My box is set to no purchases without a PIN number. I shall be contacting Virgin to complain about this charge. Looking at other complaints last year, they must be quite used to this happening, so hopefully they will agree to drop the charges.

0 Kudos
mbwakelam
Dialled in
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Charges for Fitness Game

MOST and I emphasize Most are from within the family using the Known 4 digit security code, have you talked to them.

0 Kudos
Downloader141
Tuning in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I don’t need to, I remember browsing briefly, no PIN was asked for. This just shouldn’t happen! It’s set up for purchases WITH a PIN.

0 Kudos
mbwakelam
Dialled in
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Then you should get a refund, good luck

Downloader141
Tuning in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Just phoned Virgin and they are flatly refusing to delete these payments off my bill (Direct Debit). Saying that the charges go to the app supplier and that I need to contact them for a refund. Even though the box is Virgin’s and they allow it to be used on their system. It stinks of a con! I will keep phoning and try to find a contact number for the games supplier. Not happy at all with Virgin’s response. 😞 

0 Kudos
Tavis75
Knows their stuff
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Was this "Andreia Brazier Get Fit Today" by any chance?

As this one seems to crop up very regularly on here with people claiming to have been charged without their knowledge (certainly far more than any other app or service) which does make me suspicious that there is an issue with it, that maybe should be looked into by VM to make sure that it is correctly displaying the charges and asking for the pin etc. 

Downloader141
Tuning in
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Yes, that’s the offending app. Virgin have flatly refused to address this issue or drop the charge on my upcoming bill. Even after me saying this issue is putting Virgin in a bad light. I also said to the customer service person. ‘If you obtain something with an issue in a shop, you return to the shop to sort it out not the manufacturer or supplier!’ 

This will not be my last phone call to Virgin to sort this problem out! 😞 

0 Kudos