Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Channels Not Working

What is going on with the service I now have at least 20 channels that apparently don’t have signal including Sky one, MTV . Film4 and some of the kids and other music channels. What exactly am I paying for? Do I get a reduction on my monthly bill since I’m paying a considerable amount for my service and not actually getting the full package I’m paying for. Previously was at least sort of getting Sky one but it was unwatchable due to constant static. Now it just says there is a problem with the signal on this channel same with the others so is this likely to be fixed? Or is my bill just going to go up again despite having reduced service. This has now been an ongoing issue for a few weeks did try direct on twitter but gone ignored or fobbed off as simply a one off issue which it clearly isn’t.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Well-informed
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Channels Not Working

What did VM say when you phoned and told them of the issue?

Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Blamed it on channel issues and it would be fixed soon that was when I first queried it and there was nothing wrong with my connections etc. Now still no further forward and complete loss of the signal on Sky. I hadn’t realised quite how many other channels had been affected until I decided to check after finding one of the other channels out when trying to watch something earlier in the week.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Well-informed
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Check your service status to see if there is a time frame for a fix. If not call again and ask for an engineer. May be better to follow the "thinking of leaving us" route.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Trouble shooter
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Indeed. As you've pointed out in your first post, you're paying for a TV service which has a fault. Virgin needs to rectify that fault, and CS is the correct route to get it resolved - there is a menu option for "thinking of leaving us due to unresolved faults" or similar.. if it comes to it.

0 Kudos