Menu
Andrew001
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Channel Pixculates

I have a problem with 2 HD channels - Channel 5 and F1HD, where every so often the picture pixilates for now reason. I have changed the HMI cable and swapped the TiVo 6 box (I have 2) and checked the signal strength which is 99%. The cable runs from the front of the house around the back on the outside wall and has no contact / cross any power cables and is about 30 meters in length. The pixilation can be recorded and replayed and does not occur on the respective non HD channels nor does it occur on some of the other HD channels I watch which suggests it might be the frequency the 2 channels are being transmitted on.

This is very frustrating especially when you pay the full pack price. 

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Channel Pixculates

Pixellated pictures on live TV are often the sign of a signal fault. If you've rebooted your box once, then there's likely a fault somewhere, so call VM and report it.

You're likely to need either an engineer visit or a replacement box, depending on what VM's remote diagnostics turn up. They can do these while you're on the phone to them.

Can you try swapping your 2 V6 boxes around, that will be a good test of whether it's a cabling or box fault.

C5-HD & Sky F1 HD also share a broadcast multiplex with Sky NFL HD, Sky History 2 HD and a couple of others.

You'll then need to report your fault... 150 from a VM phone, 0345 4541111 from any other phone - choose the options for "I have a fault with my TV service"

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Channel Pixculates

Hello Andrew001

Sorry to hear this is happening 

I have had a look at the 2 boxes and do indeed have a signal issue which needs an engineer to attend 

To book this in, I will need to send you a private message to pass security 
If you can check the purple envelope top right of your screen that would be great 
Regards     
Gareth_L

0 Kudos