Menu
spiderrog
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Channel 601 BBC news has been pixelating for a few days now, I am in SO31

Channel 601 BBC news has been pixelating for a few days now, I am in SO31. This issue may have been put up elsewhere but don't know if this is a localised problem. Gives me an opportunity to watch an alternative news feed than BBC I suppose but Sky's content is even worse. Stick to the devil you know I suppose....if I could

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
newapollo
Hero
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Channel 601 BBC news has been pixelating for a few days now, I am in SO31

Hi spiderrog,

Have you looked at Check service status at the top of the page? You can also a run a test on your equipment from there.

If nothing is showing  you could also try the  Service Status number  0800 561 0061.  This often gives details of more local issues down to postcode level.

If no issues are showing then are the following channels also pixellating ?-  4SevenHD, alibi HD, Comedy Central HD, SYFY HD and TCM HD. 

If so this shows it's likely a signal fault as they are on the same frequency as BBC News HD.

Make sure all your connections are tight. If you have more than one VM try swapping them over. If the problem persists you will need to contact Faults

You could try the text messaging service. Just send  a text with a description of TV Faults  to 07533 051809. Your message will go into a queue and a representative will respond to you as soon as possible. It may take a few days

You can also call  150 from your Virgin landline, or 0345 454 1111, options 1,1 and 2 (Faultsbut best to call at 8am to avoid call queues

In the meantime you can watch the BBC News channel live on the BBC iPlayer app by pressing the red button on any  BBC Channel, or by using the iPlayer app

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
0 Kudos
spiderrog
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Channel 601 BBC news has been pixelating for a few days now, I am in SO31

Thanks for this Dave, I shall follow through your tips, much appreciated

0 Kudos