cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Channel 5 missing

TonyJover
Up to speed

Also missing are BBC Parliament HD on Ch605 and QVC-SD on Ch740 

Restarting the box doesn’t fix it. My Virgin Media states no fault found. 

:::sigh:::

13 REPLIES 13

TonyJover
Up to speed

Oh yeah…V6 box. 

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @TonyJover 

It looks like a signal issue as the affected channels are all on the same mux.

Make sure all the connections linking your TV to the TV box and the wall socket are finger tight. A loose connection could be giving you an unreliable signal.

Are there any known issues which may be affecting the signal?  Look at Check service status at the top of the page. You can also a run a test on your equipment from there. This may result in the system booking a tech for you.

You could also try the automated Service Status number  0800 561 0061.  This often gives details of more localised issues down to postcode level.

Otherwise you should call  150 from a Virgin landline or mobile, or 0345 454 1111, option 2 (Faults

Ignore all the options and don't press any buttons then you should be placed into a queue and an agent should pick up the phone and book the tech for you.

Or wait a day or two and a member of the Forum Team should pick this up for you and arrange a tech visit.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

What do you mean by "missing"?

Are these channels not listed in your programme guide? Or you get an error message when trying to watch them? (in which case, what is it?)

Or are you getting picture breakup/pixellation?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

@japitts wrote:

What do you mean by "missing"?

Are these channels not listed in your programme guide? Or you get an error message when trying to watch them? (in which case, what is it?)

Or are you getting picture breakup/pixellation?

Right now those channels are working again. When they don’t work I get the “This channel is unavailable, reboot your box” message. Other times I get progressively worse pixelation until the signal disappears completely. 

Hi @TonyJover 

Thanks for your response

Glad to hear the channels are now working again, keep us updated with how you get on as we're more than happy to investigate further if needs be.

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Thanks Travis. It’s happened a few times but it’s been fine since Sunday. 

Cheers,

Tony

Hi @TonyJover 

Thanks for your reply

Great to hear it has been fine since Sunday, keep us updated if this changes and have a great day.

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Okay, here we are again. Watching Ch5 this evening and started getting more and more pixelation and break-up until eventually I got a black screen with “There is a problem with the signal on Chan 5 HD. Please reboot your TiVo box etc”. Rebooting the box doesn’t help. Internet is fine with 1150 Mbps download speed. 

ADDITIONALLY we’ve had no phone since Wednesday. Virgin tech repaired the line on Thursday morning but couldn’t get the phone working. He promised me that he’d organise another tech to come out and fix it. His exact words were “You have nothing to worry about, I’ll deal with this and you’ll receive a text to inform you of the date.”Unsurprisingly I’ve heard nothing since. 

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@TonyJover wrote:

Watching Ch5 this evening and started getting more and more pixelation and break-up until eventually I got a black screen with “There is a problem with the signal on Chan 5 HD. Please reboot your TiVo box etc”.

Live TV doesn't use the internet, so your broadband speeds are immaterial.

You have a signal fault - if a single reboot doesn't resolve this, you should contact faults to report it. I assume you get an error code with that message, and wouldn't bet against W02.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks