cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Channel 101 missing

oracle57
On our wavelength

Hi,

I have just found that our Channel 101 BBC 1 has disappeared! Get the message 'This Channel is not authorised' and to phone 150 for help.   

Phoned 150 and got NO help and cut off, so will try here.

Question is why has this message come up and how do we get it back?  All other channels seem unaffected.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Geoffb156
On our wavelength

Box has updated software and this happened as well. Seems to be London region only so switched to BBC1 south which is fine. Need to get it back though as recordings will be affected.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

6 REPLIES 6

Geoffb156
On our wavelength

Box has updated software and this happened as well. Seems to be London region only so switched to BBC1 south which is fine. Need to get it back though as recordings will be affected.

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @oracle57 

There is currently a TV problem showing under

https://www.virginmedia.com/support/help/service-status/ 

"There's a TV issue in <my postcode>

Thanks for your patience while we work to fix things as quick as we can.

We hope to fix this by 8 June at 16:25

Our technician is in your area and is working to fix things.

Some TV channels may be unavailable at the moment.Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience caused."

I had a simialir issue about 30 minutes ago with Channels 105 and 106. I clicked on other channels and went back to 105 and 106 and they were both working again. If that doesn't help please try rebooting your V6 box, or wait until the known fault is fixed..

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

oracle57
On our wavelength

Have just gone back onto the Service Status and is now stating there is an error on certain channels in our area.

Do wish it had stated this 1 hour ago!

Thanks... When the issue started I check the status and nothing showed, in fact stated that everything was working as normal.  Box has been "Switched off and back on again"

101 is still off but also found BBC London with an error that keeps coming on then going again...

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi again @oracle57 

BBC One on channel 101 is working fine here, as are the other regional BBC One channels for London, Scotland, Northern Ireland, and Wales on channels 861 to 864.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@oracle57 wrote:

Have just gone back onto the Service Status and is now stating there is an error on certain channels in our area.

Do wish it had stated this 1 hour ago!

TV Channels are monitored centrally at VMs master headend where they enter the core network. So if there is an issue at one of the 50 odd local network headends then there is no evidence of trouble unless local customers report it. After a certain number of calls about the same issue the headend equipment is then checked, at which time the status is updated.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks