Menu
EastendIron
Just joined
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Change IR Address Channel. Tivo V6

Hi

I have two TiVo V6 boxes in separate rooms. I also have a Harmony Hub that sits in one room with an IR blaster going to the other. 

I added the TiVo V6 box to the Harmony Hub but if I use the Harmony Hub to for example change a channel it of course changes both channels. 

I have found that other models of TiVos allow you to change the infrared channel on each box and manually set each up on the Harmony Hub. 

The process involves holding either the TiVo button + pause or TiVo button + green button for 5 seconds. Pressing a digit for the channel you want to set the box to and then any button to send the channel to the box.

Neither of these methods work on a V6. However I suspect it's possible because in Device Information it does list the Remote Address as 0 which is the expected default.

Anyone know how to do the above on a V6 please?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Change IR Address Channel. Tivo V6

The only way to operate two V6 boxes in close proximity to each other is to run one on IR & one on RF, or run both on RF as the boxes can be paired with the remotes in RF.

Cable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports/Cinema (2xV6), Talk Anytime Phone, 350M BB, Virgin PAYG Mobile
0 Kudos