Menu
jscottwe
Tuning in
Message 1 of 38
Flag for a moderator

Certain HD channels unavailable with code W02

Starting 3 days ago I have the same problem on both v6 boxes I have in a multi room setup, no changes have been made or boxes touched but sky1hd, btsport1hd, skyf1hd and skynfl hd are unavailable with W02 code. There are no reported service problems in my area and I havre restarted each box multiple times. 

Any ideas? Jason.

0 Kudos
newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 38
Flag for a moderator

Re: Certain HD channels unavailable with code W02

Hi jscotowe,

As per /virgin-tv-error-codes/w02  there is a problem with the signal on those channels. Please check all your cabling, especially the white coaxial and ensure it's all snug and tight .

The channels you list as having problems with are on 2 specific muxes (picture below - you should also have issues with the other channels listed) which seems to confirm signal issues if you've checked all your cabling.

You would therefore need to contact the VM Faults team on 150 from a Virgin landline, or 0345 454 1111, options 1,1 and 2 (Faultsbut best to call at 8am to avoid call queues as it will probably need an engineer visit.

When calling Faults you will get the automated response asking you to press 1 for the link to online support, perform tests, reboot etc. Ignore the options and don't press any buttons then you should be placed into a queue and an agent should pick up the phone and resolve the problem.

You could also try the text messaging service. Just send  a text with a description of TV Faults to 07533 051809. Your message will go into a queue and a representative will respond to you as soon as possible. It may take a few days. 

Clipboard01.jpg

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

g0akc
Well-informed
Message 3 of 38
Flag for a moderator

I'm having the same issue here - channels BT Sport HD1 and BT Sport ESPN tried.  Code W02.  Connections in the house are all OK and other channels including UHD working.  Ipswich/Colchester area.

The 'diagnostics' are pretty useless and claim no known faults in the area.

Guess I'll have to ring and join the queue....

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I know a bit about Wi-Fi, Telecoms, and TV as I used to do it for a living but I'm not perfect so don't beat me up... If you make things you make mistakes!
0 Kudos
jscottwe
Tuning in
Message 4 of 38
Flag for a moderator

I'm in the Ipswich area also! 

0 Kudos
newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 38
Flag for a moderator

If it's a local fault and nothing is showing in the online Service Status  which generally only reports widespread issues then you could also try calling the  Service Status number  0800 561 0061.  This often gives details of more local issues down to postcode level.

It may be that VM have already picked up on this, however unless it's been reported by a number of people it's highly unlikely to be showing and they won't be aware yet.

I would still go down the Faults route if nothing shows on the above number.

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
g0akc
Well-informed
Message 6 of 38
Flag for a moderator

@g0akc wrote:

I'm having the same issue here - channels BT Sport HD1 and BT Sport ESPN tried.  Code W02.  Connections in the house are all OK and other channels including UHD working.  Ipswich/Colchester area.

The 'diagnostics' are pretty useless and claim no known faults in the area.

Guess I'll have to ring and join the queue....

I've just got off the phone from VM - I got through within a few minutes (partly by avoiding pressing anything but essential menu options).  Guy in an Indian call centre who didn't really know what he was talking about.  He started by saying we weren't subscribed to those channels/HD channels are not part of our package - they are (we get BT Sport 2 HD and BT Sport UHD OK for example, but currently not BT Sport 1 HD or BT ESPN HD or Sky One HD which give code W02).

He sent a signal to our box to restart it - still the same (I had already tried rebooting by power off/on).

I tried explaining that the channels are apparently on the same mux and it appears to be a technical fault.  He didn't seem to listen.

He has now said it's a technical issue beyond his capabilities and someone should call me back within the next couple of hours.....

No fault reference number or trouble ticket available apparently (I find that in itself incredible!).

We shall see....

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I know a bit about Wi-Fi, Telecoms, and TV as I used to do it for a living but I'm not perfect so don't beat me up... If you make things you make mistakes!
0 Kudos
g0akc
Well-informed
Message 7 of 38
Flag for a moderator

@newapollo wrote:

If it's a local fault and nothing is showing in the online Service Status  which generally only reports widespread issues then you could also try calling the  Service Status number  0800 561 0061.  This often gives details of more local issues down to postcode level.

It may be that VM have already picked up on this, however unless it's been reported by a number of people it's highly unlikely to be showing and they won't be aware yet.

I would still go down the Faults route if nothing shows on the above number.

I rang the 0800 561 0061 number which says no faults.

That's two of us now saying it's an issue in the Ipswich area so hopefully they will pick up on it and get it sorted.

It doesn't help anyone when the 'helpdesk' initially tries to tell you you're not subscribed and try to fob you off.

I will try mentioning another person reporting locally if and when they call me back - but may be worth ringing in if you can Jason - the more people that do the better presumably.

jscottwe
Tuning in
Message 8 of 38
Flag for a moderator

Will do. Good work!

0 Kudos
g0akc
Well-informed
Message 9 of 38
Flag for a moderator

VM just rang back (supervisor in India).

Having run through the 'basics' again I mentioned another customer locally reporting this.  He suspects a technical fault.

He's booked a technician to come out on Monday afternoon - I don't believe the issue is in our house or on our box (particularly with Jason also seeing it) but I can demo it and get them to trace to the street cabinet and further back or whatever.....

I'll also PM you Jason

andyt23
On our wavelength
Message 10 of 38
Flag for a moderator

Hi from the Ipswich area, myself and my parents 2 different households both have the same issues channel 5 HD, film 4 HD and others all come up with the error code and reboot my tivo box, which we have done. Looks like it's a local issue

0 Kudos