Menu
knfruitbat
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 33
Flag for a moderator

Catchup and Search not working properly

I look through the guide and see things in my package that are available on catch up (with the C symbol) but when I try to watch it takes me to Virgin Store to buy.

I also search for things on the guide that I know are on in the next few hours and it seems to be ignoring certain channels and trying to get me to buy things that are freely available on things like Film 4 or BBC.

Checked connections and did speed check nothing wrong. Boxes directly connected to hub by ethernet cable. Done all the diagnosis, nothing wrong. Getting sick of Virgin just trying to get more money out of people. I have full package of Films, Sports, Broadband etc.

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 33
Flag for a moderator

Re: Catchup and Search not working properly

When the same OnDemand programme is available from multiple sources, it's always been the case that the chargeable options are listed first and you have to scroll down to find the free alternatives.

Upselling in this way is common with many companies, Virgin Media is no exception. Do you have any specific examples of where you can't view the free alternatives?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
knfruitbat
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 33
Flag for a moderator

Ok so right now, Bad Boys for Life is on Sky Cinema. I can watch it live, but no other options. Nothing to scroll down to, no on demand or catch up, only buy it.

It is not a matter of Virgin Store first, it is the only option. When I search for things that are on now they regularly don't come up at all on the search the only option is virgin store.

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 33
Flag for a moderator

I'm seeing Bad Boys for Life as having repeat showings on Sky Premier, all of which are freely recordable, but VOD only via PPV options.

I've picked another Sky Cinema film (Lion King 2) that is available on Sky Cinema OD & the PPV options, and both the "inclusive" & chargeable options are correctly showing for me.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

0 Kudos
ashforduk
Joining in
Message 5 of 33
Flag for a moderator

I’m having the same issue with bad boys, I’ve ended up cancelling my movies package as I can never watch new movies OD, but with Now TV has everything available.

I also find just searching for OD stuff is a right Faff compared to other providers 

0 Kudos
Andyguk1
Joining in
Message 6 of 33
Flag for a moderator

Sky Cinema on Demand missing Bad Boys for Life

Hi, sorry if this has already been answered but on my V6 box, in On Demand and Sky Movies, I can’t see the new Bad Boys for Life movie

When I use the search option, it’s only showing up as a purchase via Virgin Store, am I missing something or an update here?

thanks in advance

Andy

0 Kudos
newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 7 of 33
Flag for a moderator

Re: Sky Cinema on Demand missing Bad Boys for Life

Bad Boys for Life was only added to Sky Movies Premier on 1st January. It may take a few more days to appear in On Demand (always best to check in the alphabetical list rather than under Premiers)

The film is being shown tonight at 7.40pm and currently has repeat showing up until 15th January so you could record it.

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Problem Solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks for a useful post

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 8 of 33
Flag for a moderator

Indeed newapollo - when the OP first mentioned this, I did check that "view other showings" was an alternative option to using PPV and it is.

I've got a vague recollection that at one stage in the past, Sky Cinema VOD was updated perhaps a couple of times a week and not necessarily daily - not sure if that's the reason here, but agreed that there's plenty of chances to record this movie in the meantime!

knfruitbat
On our wavelength
Message 9 of 33
Flag for a moderator

So it is marked as catchup (with the C) symbol and it doesn't work, it is also not available as On Demand as it should be. When I search it only offers the pay more money option, and you don't think that is wrong? Or programs that are available on free channels don't even come up on search. Things that are available on BBC iPlayer don't show up and the box tries to get me to buy it.

Think I will be moving to another provider, don't appreciate continuously being milked for money. If this is working correctly it is a RIP off. I can't find things I want to watch that I know are on, I shouldn't have to go on the internet or switch to freeview on my TV to find things.

Tags (4)
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 10 of 33
Flag for a moderator

In the case of the specific example that you've cited @knfruitbat what I'm seeing on my box, and a couple of others are also reporting, is the same as you - so that's not a fault as best I can tell.

If you have any other examples of where you're not getting the "search & Explore" or "watch from" results that you think you should be, please post them.

As far as the "C" logo in the EPG is concerned, that does indeed mean that the programme should be available via OD. Could you possibly pick a couple of programmes from the FTA channels from a couple of days ago, and post a pic of what you get when you press "OK" on them?

0 Kudos