Menu
H_ARORA_H
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Catchup and On demand never worked

Got virgin tv and internet in the past month - have never been able to use Catch up or On Demand.

Get an error message, that suggests trying again later... a month of trying again later it is getting a bit silly...  I've never had these, so I don't know what I'm missing!

How do I fix this?  Why weren't they available from the start?

Help!

0 Kudos
newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Catchup and On demand never worked

Hi H_ARORA_H,

How have you connected your V6 box to the internet? It works best  on an ethernet connection.

Have you checked that all cables are tight and secure, especially the white coaxial cable?

When you get the error message there should be a number with it. make a note of it and follow the online guidance for that error number using the following link virgin-tv-error-codes 

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
H_ARORA_H
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Dave, good Q's

We connected the boxes via wifi & with an engineers help the 5g faster connection. 

The layout of the house + we have 2 boxes means we can't use the cables to connect
(TV in living room is at the very front of the house, but for coverage we need wifi hub to be in the centre of the house so not next to the TV)

Internet connection seems fine as I go on youtube and use Iplayer and can stream HD tv programs fine.

The error code was v241.  It doesn't show up on the online help section.

0 Kudos
H_ARORA_H
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Helpful engineer came out & told us the issue was a known network issue affecting this area of west london & had been going on for a month. (He called a guy - seems to be the font of knowledge & designed the boxes... that was his nugget of info)

Although customer services don't know anything about it!?

Does that sound right? believable?

0 Kudos
newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi again H_ARORA_H,

Have you looked at Check service status at the top of the page? That section usually lists issues that VM know about. (Not everyone calls in when experiencing issues so they may not be added to that system) You can also a run a test on your equipment from there.

If nothing is showing  there then there is also the  Service Status number  0800 561 0061.  This often gives details of more local issues down to postcode level.

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

@H_ARORA_H wrote:

Thanks Dave, good Q's

We connected the boxes via wifi & with an engineers help the 5g faster connection. 

The error code was v241.  It doesn't show up on the online help section.

If you follow Home > Help & Settings > Settings > Network, look in the top-right, it will report your connection status & WiFi signal strength. What does it say?

The 5GHz band is probably better given a choice, but it doesn't have as good a range as 2.4Ghz and that can sometimes end up worse off is the signal is too weak.

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
NPP
Dialled in
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

There was a long-running fault in West London, but it gave error V273, and should be fixed now anyway.  Are you definitely getting V241?

=========
I work for Virgin Media but all opinions are my own
0 Kudos