Menu
LordZoltan
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Catch up service not working on one V6 box

Simple really: any attempt to watch catch-up or on-demand on our first V6 box fails with 'not included in your package' error.  Apps like Netflix or iPlayer work fine (wired connection).

Everything works fine on the other V6 box.

For example - we tried to watch ITV Hub tonight, and we've had to move rooms!

Package is everything minus Sky.

Please don't tell me I have to make a phonecall to get it fixed, I can't spare an hour...

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
Christy_D
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Catch up service not working on one V6 box

Good Evening 

Can you please reboot the modem and the V6 box you are having issues with. 

Once both are back on can you go into 'Help & Settings' then into 'Settings' then into 'Network Settings' then click 'Connect to Virgin Media Service Now'.

Once done go back into these apps and see if they are working again.

Thanks

Christy

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

0 Kudos
LordZoltan
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hiya - thanks for replying,

Yes I've done that, and no change.

Cheers

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Firstly I'm not sure what "everything minus Sky" actually means in package terms, but all the same.

Can you confirm - for the avoidance of doubt - that CatchUp programmes from ITV, C4 or C5 are also affected by this "not included in your package" error? Anything else is potentially not included in certain TV bundles, those are - so it would be useful to be clear.

You've mentioned that another box in your home is working fine, the next obvious thing is to swap the boxes around and prove whether this is a box-specific issue. It's still not necessarily a fault (depending on the answers to my other points) but it's something else to test one way or the other.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
LordZoltan
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Yeah, sorry: package is Maxit TV.

None of those catch-up services work on that box.  I seem to remember some of the on-demand programs working, but not with any rhyme or reason that I could figure out.

I'll swap the boxes around later tonight or tomorrow and report back.

0 Kudos
LordZoltan
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

So this was fun 🙂

Swapped the two boxes around. Front Room box - the first one that wasn't working - works fine in the back room.

I start wondering whether it's because the Front Room connects through an AV receiver to a 4K screen (when I first got it I had to upgrade the receiver because it wasn't HDCP 2.2 capable)...

Plugged in the back room box into the front-room and... also works fine.

So I don't know. I've swapped them again and can confirm they both still work. Didn't change anything - no change in connectors or anything.

Cheers!
0 Kudos
Oyster
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I think I can shed some light on this issue as I have extensively tested out why it was working on one V6 box and not the other
We have two TV's and two set top boxes. Iplayer stopped working on the box upstairs. No problem, swap the boxes over. Strangely the boxes behaved the same way. The box I moved upstairs is not working for iplayer, but the one I moved downstairs is working. The downstairs TV is LG. The one upstairs is Samsung.
I Put the boxes back on their original TV. Now I get the monitor off my computer and plug that into the Box upstairs that originally could not get the Iplayer. Now the iplayer works. It seems to be a problem with the samsung TV so I reset the TV to factory defaults. Still cannot get iplayer

Along the way I tested the boxes and TV's on different cables and in different places. It is DEFINITELY, for me, a problem with Samsung TV
and happened when I switched over to the Beta version of iplayer and back again
+I looked online to see if Samsung TV's have a problem with iplayer and it turns out that iplayer queries the TV for a certificate of some sort, but if the certificate is out of date the TV is unauthorised to use the iplayer.

Get your computer monitor or a different make of TV (NOT SAMSUNG), plug it into the box see if that works
0 Kudos
Oyster
On our wavelength
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

0 Kudos
-Maelstrom-
Joining in
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I've just added something to my post on the issue of Amazon Prime/YouTube not working for me. I haven't tried other services but it would be interesting to see what your boxes say.

I've found that when this happens, going into "System Info" on the box, on the second page under "HDMI Status", it shows either "Not connected" or "HDCP not enabled". When it's working OK, it says "HDCP 2.2 enabled".

Again, this is on a 4K set and wasn't a problem more than 2 weeks ago.

0 Kudos