cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Catch up programs continual buffering issues. V6

ibbotson
Dialled in

Trying to watch program on catch up and other network apps via V6 box is near impossible because of poor quality pictures and continual buffering. With everything that is going on with VM even I'm considering moving to someone else. Would VM please send engineer to check if my V6 box needs an upgrade/replacement as it is getting old. 

2 REPLIES 2

Reece_MH
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi ibbotson 👋

Thanks for posting, and welcome back to our Community Forums. 

I'm sorry to hear about the issues you're facing with your TV service. For clarification, is this only happening on Catch Up/On Demand and Apps such as Netflix, Prime, Disney+? I can also see your Hub has been online for more than 20 days, can you please try rebooting both your Hub and TV Box by switching them off for 30 seconds, and then switching them back on again?

Can you also confirm how you've connected your TV Box, is it Ethernet or WiFi? 

Cheers,

Reece - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our FAQ

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

An Ethernet connection is always preferable given the choice, but incase you're using WiFi - what is the signal strength reported as? Home > Help & Settings > Settings > Network

There is no upgrade available for the V6, the only alternative you have is a conversion to the newer TV360 platform which is totally different to TiVo, but uses the exact same hardware. Many issues of the type you're describing are caused by poor connectivity somewhere between your box and the internet.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks