Menu
Cammymoir
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Catch-up or i-player

Hi folks. I am new to Virgin and can't seem to get catch up to work on BBC/itv programmes. I can find the relevant show on the planner with the C sign, but when I try to watch it I am directed to I player/ itv hub and the show might not be on there yet. I also can't watch current/ live shows from the start, only the point that I switch over to it.

All suggestions and help is much appreciated.

Thanks, Cammy

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Catch-up or i-player

How recent were these programmes broadcast? The "C" logo appears on the guide for programmes that are going to be on VOD (OnDemand), soon after broadcast the link for "Goto catchup" appears as a temporary measure - until your box knows the programme is available on VOD, at which point this changes to "Watch from catchup"

This "soon after" can be as soon as a couple of hours for pre-recorded shows, or potentially overnight for anything that was broadcast live. I'd recommend recording programmes that you want to watch soon after broadcast.

The current/live rewind is a different issue. I presume you have a V6 (check here ) in which case your box has 6 recording tuners. At any given time, the box will be buffering the 6 channels to which those tuners are tuned to. If you change to any of those 6 channels, then you will have the rewind function back to the point of when the box was switched on, or when that channel was tuned to. It buffers the past hour or so (can't recall the exact amount) on those 6 channels, but not any others.

That's separate from BBC iPlayer live rewind. You can check the 6 channels you are currently buffering/recording by pressing the "info" button and scrolling to the bottom panel.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos